Cheese and pancetta quiche:
Fresh green onions, mushrooms and cream pair up with eggs, pancetta, and swiss & cheddar cheese for a mouthwatering quiche without the fuss of the crust.
6 Large eggs, lightly beaten
½ tsp Kosher salt
¼ tsp White pepper
¼ cup Green onion, sliced
¼ cup fresh mushrooms
1 9″ refrigerated pie crust
1 cup Heavy cream
½ tsp Nutmeg, ground
4 oz Swiss Cheese, shredded
4 oz Cheddar Cheese, shredded
4 oz Diced Pancetta, diced
- Pre-heat conventional oven to 400° F.
- Line a 9 inch quiche dish with pastry. Trim excess pastry around the edges. Pierce bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake for 3 minutes; remove from oven and pierce with a fork and return to oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350° F.
- Sauté pancetta, mushrooms and onions in a skillet until browned. Drain well and sprinkle evenly in pastry shell.
- Top with 1/2 of the shredded cheese.
- Combine eggs, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Let stand for 10 minutes and serve warm.
adapted from boarshead.com