The perfect cupcake for any birthday celebration – a chocolate cupcake is topped with cookies and cream ice cream and whipped cream.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 4 cups cookies and cream ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- crushed oreos and/or sprinkles, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 16 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Add the oil, water, vanilla and vinegar and mix just until combined. Fill each cupcake liner about 1/3 full with the batter. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Allow the ice cream to melt slightly. Fill each cooled cupcake with the softened ice cream. Spread evenly. Place in the freezer until the ice cream is frozen, about 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream and powdered sugar together. Beat until the cream has stiff peaks. Pipe the whipped cream on top of the cupcakes. Sprinkle with crushed Oreos or sprinkles if desired. Keep frozen.
- Inspired by Bubbly Nature Creations