- Free Relationship Advice
- Infidelity, Affairs & Cheating
- Free Dating Advice
- Relationship Counseling
- How To Survive a Break Up
- How To Break Up Gracefully
- Why Men Leave Women
- Letting Go Of A Relationship
- How To Move On
- Gay Relationships
- Lesbian Relationships
- Relationship Problems
- Free Relationship Articles
Soulmate & Twin Flame Relationships
- Soulmate Relationships
- How To Recognize Soulmates
- Twin Flame Soulmates
- Spiritual Soulmates
- Sacred Relationships
- Blogs About Soulmates
- Types & Kinds of Soulmates
- Best Books About Soulmates
- Fee Soulmate Love Readings
Infidelity, Affairs and Cheating
- Reasons Why Cheaters Cheat
- How To Heal After An Affair
- Rebuilding Your Relationship
- How To End An Affair
- Healing Emotional Scars
- Types & Signs of Cheating
- Emotional Affair Withdrawal
- Neglecting Your Partner's Needs
- Best Books About Infidelity
Divorce and Separation
- Dealing With Divorce
- Coping With Separation
- Dealing With The Ex
- Life After Divorce
- How To Divorce As Friends
- Save Your Marriage
- Best Books About Divorce
Free Dating Advice: Receive A FREE Personality Profile on eHarmony! Click Here!
Biggest Dating Mistakes Women Make
What are some mistakes women make that turn men off? ..
Have you ever thought that a relationship would have possibly worked out if only you had done things differently? Knowing what dating mistakes you're making with men is not a natural skill.
But it IS one that can certainly be learned. Avoiding making mistakes with men is a subtle art that requires patience, experience, and practice. It also helps to understand a man's point of view!
Intelligent women make dating mistakes with men that could be prevented. Attempting to make your new relationship last or are you just trying to avoid repeating your latest dating mistakes? Check out some of the biggest dating mistakes women make, below..
Dating Mistakes Women Make With Men
Common dating mistakes women make & relationship mistakes women make
If you've gone on way too many first dates and not enough second or third dates.. (you're single and don't want to be) this is the article for you. If you have no problem attracting men and having them ask you on a date, but they rarely ask you more than once, it may be time to asses you dating behavior and decide whether or not you are making any of the common dating mistakes women make that often keep them single. Here is how to avoid such mistakes:
Top Ten Biggest Dating Mistakes Women Make - And How To Make Sure You Avoid Every One Of Them
Common Dating Mistakes Women Make With Men
DATING MISTAKES WOMEN MAKE #1:
Betting Your Love Life On His “Potential”
Do you know any women who want the man they're dating to behave
Of course you do.
And just like me, I'm sure you have friends who date guys who don't have much going for them or who don't treat them very well. Somehow these women always have an excuse for the guy's shortcomings. What's going on here?
It's actually very simple.
Women (and men) don't base their choices of men on how “nice” or “good” someone is to them day-to-day. Women choose the men they do because they feel a powerful GUT LEVEL ATTRACTION for them. And guess what? Some women will continue to put up with a guy that doesn't treat them very well. Sometimes for months or years...
But why in the world would a woman do that!? Well, to put it simply, they confuse the strong attraction they feel for the guy with a deeper “connection”. Women who do this are doomed to end up in failed relationships with the “wrong” guys. How do I know? Because I've seen it at least a hundred times... And because I've been this guy in the past myself.
Thinking back on past dating and relationships I've had, I was selfish and didn't offer much. I'm amazed the women put up with me. But they did...all the while hoping that I would somehow change. The women I dated hoped I'd change. The only thing they saw in me that led them to want to keep me around was the “potential” they saw in me to share my feelings and communicate with them.
The potential for something better and the potential for me to change and be a better lover, boyfriend, companion or whatever... The truth was, I was hopelessly bad at these things at the time. And more importantly, I wasn't even at a place in my life where I knew how to or was interested in developing a deep and committed relationship - with ANYONE.
But deep down these women believed that if they tried hard enough,
that it would make up for what was lacking. They believed that I could
become someone else with them.... and that this would be easy for us
both. Talk about a losing battle. It doesn't make a lot of “logical”
But until you accept that lots of women do this AND that YOU could be doing it on some level, you'll NEVER have the success with men that you choose and want.
DATING MISTAKES WOMEN MAKE #2:
Assuming You “Get” Men & Their Psychology
Men are different from women. You need to accept this fact, and deal
When a woman sees a man, she can very quickly pick apart certain things about his style, body language, status and character that will tell her all kinds of things about him. Lot's of women don't even consciously see that they do this because the process is so obvious and simple for them.
But does the same apply for men? As you probably already know, men are generally more visual. As a result, they often don't understand non-verbal communication as well as women.
And men often lack what women have in emotional awareness and “intuition”.
Women don't seem to remember this about men. So do men feel sexually attracted to w0men based just on looks? Or is something else going on? Well, after studying this topic for years now, and talking to thousands of men and women, I can tell you that men have their “attraction mechanisms” triggered by things OTHER than looks.
Especially when it comes to longer term relationships. Looks just happen to be the most obvious way... But looks are NOT the most powerful.
If you know how to use your body language AND communication correctly, you can make men feel the same kind of powerful sexual attraction to you that YOU feel when you see that hot, great looking guy that you got to know.
But it's not an accident. You have to LEARN how to do this. And ANY woman can learn how...
DATING MISTAKES WOMEN MAKE #3:
Pretending To Be Something For A Man
In the desire to please a man, women are constantly doing things to get a man's attention, to get him to like them or to make him more attracted or in love with them.
Another HORRIBLE idea.
Lots of women mistakenly think that doing unusual things to try and get a guys attention will make him magically see what a great catch they are and want to be with them.
Men YOU TRULY WANT are never attracted to the types of women who kiss up to them, make weak plays for affection or complain to get what they want... EVER.
Don't get me wrong here. Things like being sexy for a man or encouraging him to share his feelings can be good, but it has to be genuine, unselfish, and most of all timely.
You don't have to act like an “easy” woman for men to like you, and you certainly don't have to play like he's some gift to the Earth.
Doing these things actually works to subtly, at an subconscious level, lower your social status with a man, which has EVERYTHING to do with how he sees you as a woman.
So if you think that making him more attracted to you means “playing to the man's fantasies” from the start, think again.
You'll never succeed by looking for a man's approval, finding your way into his heart through sex and not being yourself.
DATING MISTAKE WOMEN MAKE #4:
Sharing How You “Feel” Too Early With Him
Another huge and unfortunate mistake that most women make with men is
sharing how they “feel” too early on.
Attractive, single, successful men are rare. They get a LOT of attention from women. Most women don't realize this, but attractive men are being approached in one way or another all the time by women. And guess what? Attractive wen have usually dated a lot of women. That's right. They have EXPERIENCE. They know what to expect.
And one thing that turns an attractive men off and sends him running away faster than just about anything... It's a woman who starts saying “You know, I really, REALLY like you” after one or two dates. This signals to the man that you're just like one of those “clingy” stereotype women who want to rush into a relationship and can't control yourself from wanting a man to fulfill them and complete their lives.
This does NOT spell ATTRACTION for a man.
Don't do it. Lean back. Relax.
There's a much better way...
DATING MISTAKES WOMEN MAKE #5:
Misreading The Important “Signals” That Men Send
Men are constantly communicating how they feel about a woman and
giving away big secrets about themselves.
Most women don't pay attention to these signals or recognize them for what they really are.
The signals men send have 4 main levels:
1) Social: Where the man is at in his own life - stability, confidence, direction
2) Emotional: Whether or not he's “emotionally available”
3) Physical: If he's attracted to you... and for what reasons
4) Love State: If he's open to building and growing a relationship in the future
The funny thing is that men send signals in these areas completely on accident.
That's great news to women...
Men can't help it!
You need to learn to recognize these signals to get anywhere serious with a man.
DATING MISTAKE WOMEN MAKE #6:
Relying On Your Natural Ability To Judge A Man's Character
People aren't easy to figure out. Especially men. The last several
years of my life I've spent hundreds of hours learning to understand
people. I've studied peoples behavior, “inner psychology” and more
specifically how they think and act when they're dating.
From what I've seen, both men and women have their own secret ways of saying things. But you can only see these secret communications if you know what to look for.
Women communicate with hints, body language, sarcasm, and flirting when they're first getting to know a man. They can either directly or indirectly let men know if they're open to something more serious. Men are different.
Men generally communicate with sarcasm, humor, cockyness and other “indirect” displays of status.VERY RARELY will a man be able to honestly communicate to a woman whether or not he's ready or capable of developing a meaningful relationship. Aside from their sexual interests, men send very indirect signals about where they're at.
If you don't know how to read through the signals men send, then you'll get the wrong message. Getting the wrong messages from men causes women more pain and heartache than any other issue around. You can avoid this pain if you learn to indentify a good man from a bad one.
DATING MISTAKES WOMEN MAKE #7:
Expecting A Relationship To Make You Happy
A mistake I've seen women make is thinking a guy will change her life and make her happy and fulfilled. And sure, there are situations and relationships where this happens.
But those are the exceptions, not the rule. Nothing says “Run!” to a man faster than hearing or sensing that a woman immediately wants him to take care of her. And the men who ARE looking for this kind of situation aren't exactly the most healthy, loving, nurturing people out there. Think, “controlling, macho, or serious Mom Issues!”
So let me be clear...
I think it's important that people help fulfill each other in their lives, whether it's dating, a relationship, whatever. But if a woman communicates that she's looking for a guy to take care of her, complete her, make her whole, and all that kind of stuff - it has a VERY negative effect on what the man will think of her.
It doesn't have to be spoken by the woman either... If a woman thinks or feels this way, the man will see it and pick up on it, regardless. This is arguably the worst thing a woman can do early on when dating a man. So what can you do as a woman?
You can get the man interested and involved in your life in a more “natural” way, where he'll be motivated to make you care about your happiness and fulfillment on his own. This is the only way it really works for people - male or female. Self-motivation is much stronger than external motivation.
But you have to know how to create this situation with a man... and it rarely happens by accident.
DATING MISTAKES WOMEN MAKE #8:
Trying To “Convince” Him To Like You Or Love You
What do most women do when they meet a man that they REALLY like...
but he's just not that interested or isn't as serious? Right! They try
to “convince” the man to feel differently.
Well, I have news for you... YOU WILL NEVER CHANGE HOW A MAN “FEELS” WHEN IT COMES TO ATTRACTION!
Never, ever, ever.
You cannot convince a man to feel differently about you with “logic and reasoning”. Think about it. If a man doesn't “feel it” for you, how in the world do you expect to change that by being “reasonable” with him? But we all do it.
Men are the worst at this by the way. They're always complimenting women who don't like them and buying them gifts. Women like the behavior sometimes, but it NEVER makes the woman like the man. She might enjoy what she gets out of it, but it doesn't change the way she FEELS about him.
When a man just isn't interested, women will try and chase, compliment, convince and do their best to change his mind with logical and rational approaches. Bad idea. Another one that will never work.
DATING MISTAKE WOMEN MAKE #9:
Not Knowing What To Do In Each Type Of Situation
A man has a clear idea of what he wants from a woman...
And I don't mean just sex. I know, it might be hard to believe, but if you're out on a date with a man, he already has an idea of what he wants from you. And if you don't know HOW to find this out, and you just sit there looking at him and flirting, or trying things you think will make him want you, he won't help!
If you don't know what to do in each situation, you'll probably screw it up... and LOSE EVERYTHING.
DATING MISTAKES WOMEN MAKE #10:
Not Getting Help
This is the biggest mistake of all.
This mistake keeps women from EVER having the kind of success and finding the kind of man and relationship that they truly want.
I know, you don't like to make yourself look weak or helpless. We don't like to ask for help. Hey, I've been there myself.
Let me tell you a little about me.
Over the last few years it's been hard to watch the women around me (even those I dated) struggle to understand the men they were attracted to or dating. It frustrated the hell out of me and I made the decision to do whatever it took to help the women I knew learn how to be successful with men and dating.
Well, after a lot of hard work and doing all kinds of crazy things to learn the real-world truth about men and women, I finally figured things out for myself. I've read hundreds of books on psychology, human behavior, dating/relationship advice for men and women, love, attraction, communication, and more. The list goes on.
I can now approach just about any situation with dating and feel confident and understand everything that's going on in an interaction. Best of all, I've been able to share my knowledge and help women become more successful with men and dating.
It's been a very rewarding experience, and it's how I became fascinated with the female perspective in the dating world.
I've helped women get rid of that sick, insecure feeling... the one you get when you're lonely, you've been hurt or lied to, or when a man you have feelings for says “he's not ready”. You don't have to be afraid you might wind up being lied to, cheated on or that you'll end up alone.
I Now Have A FREE Email Newsletter...
... after several years, helping woman after woman, I now publish a
free email newsletter that teaches any woman how to DRAMATICALLY
increase her success with men and dating.
I'd like to invite you to sign up. It's free, there's no obligation, I'll never share you're email address with anyone, and you can easily remove yourself with no hassles. (And no, I'll never pull any of those tricks where I send you a bunch of unwanted junk mail when you try to remove yourself.)
Of course, it even get's better than that...
In addition to my free email newsletter, I also have an amazing downloadable eBook that you can download right now and be reading in literally MINUTES.
It's JAM PACKED with dozens and dozens of specific strategies for overcoming your fears, meeting men, great ideas around first dates, cheat-proofing your relationships, and how to take things to a closer “emotional” and “physical” level smoothly and easily.
To sign up for my free newsletter AND download your copy of this online eBook, just go here:
Click Here For Your Free Newsletter And eBook Download
Thanks for reading and best of luck in life and love!
Oh, I Almost Forgot...
In this day and age of “instant gratification”, I realize this might
just sound like another late-night info-mercial promising to make you
wealthy and retired by next week. Well, that's not the case.
I've spent a lot of time, effort, and energy studying, observing and understanding this area of life. I wanted to design and create a book that ANY woman could easily understand.
Something you could start using IMMEDIATELY to meet, attract, date, and get close with a great guy. I want to help you create an amazing relationship with the right man... without having to deal with all the wrong men, be “manipulated” or experience the pain and loss I've helped other women avoid.
I now believe that ANY woman can be more successful with men and dating, and I get emails every day with success stories from women. They've taken what they've learned and found great guys and are growing meaningful relationships.
I know, I know... a book that can teach a regular girl how to be more successful in the dating world?
Well believe me, this will DRAMATICALLY increase your success, comfort and happiness when it comes to men, dating and relationships... I absolutely guarantee it 100%.
Free Articles, Information & Advice On Attracting Men & How To Attract A Man
- How To Communicate With Emotionally Distant Men - Why do men get distant? Emotionally distant men don't communicate. Why do men hide their feelings? Learn about men who hide their feelings, why men get distant, how to communicate with emotionally distant men, and what to do when men become emotionally distant and hide there feelings. Free help communicating with an emotionally distant man..
- Why Men Withdraw And What To Do About It - Men who withdraw and why men withdraw. Learn why men withdraw in a relationship, how men withdraw themselves from a relationship, men who are afraid of love, and what to do about it when they close up.
- Why Men Leave Women - Reasons men leave women. Learn why men leave women when the honeymoon is over, and what to do about it. There are many reasons why men leave relationships or cannot settle down with the woman they're with. Learn what they are and how to stop him from leaving you.
- Creating A Natural Lasting Attraction With A Man - How to attract men. Learn how to create a natural and lasting attraction with a man. Free tips on how to attract a guy, how to attract men, and what qualities men find attractive in a woman.
- How To Get His Attention And Keep It - More about attracting a man. Namely, one from your past that you just have to have back. Learn how attract that man and create an intense attraction with a him all over again.
- Learn What Causes Distance In Relationships - What causes distance in relationships? Learn the secret cause of distance in relationships and how to fix the relationship distance. There is a secret cause of distance in relationships!
- Ten Most Dangerous Dating Mistakes Women Make With Men - Learn what dating mistakes women make with men, and what to do about them. Ten most dangerous dating mistakes women make with men and common dating mistakes women make when dating men that turn men off.
- How To Successful Rekindle A Past Relationship (Get Him Back!) - How do you get him back? Learn what to do to get him back and how to get him back now. Bring your ex boyfriend, ex lover, or ex husband, back into your life today.
- Why Men Are Afraid of Relationships And Commitment & What To Do If He's Afraid - What if he's afraid of a relationship commitment? Learn about men's fear of commitment and why men are afraid of investing in a serious relationship. What to do about men avoiding commitment, men afraid of intimacy, scared of marriage, and afraid of falling love.
- Nice Guys or Bad Boys - Who Do You Love? - Why good girls love bad boys? Tips on attracting a nice guy. Don't pass up a perfectly nice guy and go for the bad boy instead.
- [book] Have Him at Hello: Confessions from 1,000 Guys About What Makes Them Fall in Love . . . Or Never Call Back - This is the book that could have been written by any number of men, but wasn't. What she learned after meticulously interviewing 1000 guys on "exit interviews" is the very information that can change women's lives on a dime. It's the stuff that guys talk about with each other about why they REALLY don't feel a connection - and a lot of it is hard to hear. As they say, the truth hurts - especially when some of it seems unfair and hypocritical.
- [book] Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate - Patti Stanger created an overnight Bravo sensation as the star of her own reality series The Millionaire Matchmaker. To every single woman sitting home alone wondering, “Where are all the good men, and why isn’t a gorgeous one standing shirtless in my kitchen mixing me up a pomegranate mojito?” she says, “I hate to tell you this girlfriend, but it’s your own fault.” But don’t worry, with her straightforward attitude, Patti doles out her best tried-and-true advice to help women of all ages get out of their own way and get hitched.