Dreams & Dream Resources
- Free Online Dream Readings
- Dream Analysis Reading
- Books About Dreams
- Nightmares/Night Terrors
- Interpretation of Dreams
- Online Dream Work
- Types of Dreams
- Astral Projection
- Out of Body Experiences
- Blogs About Dreams
- Dreams & Guided Meditation
Dream Meanings of Cheating
What is dreaming about cheating or to dream of being cheated on trying tell you?
Dreaming about someone you love having an affair with someone else is very disconcerting. What is the meaning of cheating in dreams - is cheating in dreams real or really just a dream? Many people seem to have dreams about committing adultery or about their spouse committing adultery (cheating or being cheated on).
Many dreams come from the private unconscious and are a reflection on thoughts, fears, desires, issues or are a response to stressful or anxiety provoking situations. The details of the dream need to be considered before attempting an interpretation.
Details such as who is cheating on whom and what are the circumstances surrounding this dream event, need to be established. At times people have dreams about cheating on their spouses as a response to a long and monogamous relationship. If you are not in a relationship and dream of having an affair then it is likely that a new relationship is about to emerge.
The Interpretation Of Cheating In Your Dreams:
"Cheating Dreams, Dreaming About Cheating, Infidelity, Affair Dreams, Dream Meaning, Dream Symbol: Cheating, Cheat... .
The dream may be a compensation for boredom, monotony or unhappiness. On the other hand, the dream could be about you connecting to deeper parts of self, which is represented by a desirable person of the opposite sex.
On rare occasions a person may suspect, or feel on some level, that their mate is not faithful but is not willing to admit this consciously. Thus, in the dream state the individual confronts his fears and from there may begin to deal with the situation on a conscious level.
Dreaming of adultery might be surprising, because it can be absolutely not connected to the reality. A dream of committing adultery does not exactly say that you are cheating on your partner, but it may make you feel guilty.
This way your subconscious tells you that you have some offences against others or your partner, and even against your own true nature. Very often people who are involved in an emotionally and sexually cold relationships are likely experience this dream. Also for some people it means that they are ready to have an affair.
Before you delve into interpreting cheating and adultery in your dream, it will help to understand some important points about cheating dreams so you can use your dream life to discover more about your inner self.
Physical Cheating Dream Interpretation
We all have sexual desires that sometimes attach to people other than our partner - or to people it would be difficult in reality to have a sexual relationship with. If you are having sex with another person, the dream may therefore be a release of sexual feelings. This is a harmless way of exploring sex with another person.
Emotional Cheating Dream Interpretation
Seeing your partner having sex with someone else: You are probably deeply uncertain about your own value and doubt whether you are lovable. These feelings may hide painful dependence upon the loved person. This dependence may be based upon childhood needs that were never met, or were betrayed.
Spiritual Cheating Dream Interpretation
Did you enjoy this dream, or did you feel guilty? It could be encouraging you to improve your love and sex life; of course it could also be a warning. Perhaps some aspect of your life is getting out of hand, and you need to exercise more self-control. Or are you longing for greater freedom of expression?
Alternative Meanings of Cheating & Infidelity In Dreams - What Cheating Dreams Mean:
Alternative interpretations of dreams about cheating and adultery:
To dream that you commit adultery, foretells that you will be arraigned for some illegal action. If a woman has this dream, she will fail to hold her husband's affections, letting her temper and spite overwhelm her at the least provocation. If it is with her husband's friend, she will be unjustly ignored by her husband. Her rights will be cruelly trampled upon by him.
If she thinks she is enticing a youth into this act, she will be in danger of desertion and divorced for her open intriguing. For a young woman this implies abasement and low desires, in which she will find strange adventures afford her pleasure.  It is always good to dream that you have successfully resisted any temptation.
To yield, is bad. If a man chooses low ideals, vampirish influences will swarm around him ready to help him in his nefarious designs. Such dreams may only be the result of depraved elementary influences. If a man chooses high ideals, he will be illuminated by the deific principle within him, and will be exempt from lascivious dreams.
The man who denies the existence and power of evil spirits has no arcana or occult knowledge. Did not the black magicians of Pharaoh's time, and Simon Magnus, the Sorcerer, rival the men of God? The dreamer of amorous sweets is warned to beware of scandal.
The Meaning of Cheating Dreams - Adultery Dreams and Consciousness
Dreaming about someone you love having an affair with someone else can mean:
You're feeling insecure about your ability to hold their interest
You're afraid of the idea of them cheating on you
You're feeling jealous about your loved one devoting time or attention to something other than you (work, a hobby, watching TV, using the computer, etc.)—having nothing to do with any actual adultery
You're feeling that you do not trust God (you feel God has betrayed you), or you do not trust yourself (you feel you have betrayed yourself).
Common dreams include...
You may dream that you committed adultery or had an affair with somebody in your dream.
Filed for divorce based on the fact that your partner was with somebody else in your dream.
Your partner falls out of love with you or you find that you have fallen out of love with your partner.
In your dream or see your partner leave you.
You find your partner in a compromising position within your dream.
You dream of another persons partner.
In your dream you may have…
Caught your partner in a compromising position with another person.
Seen others having an affair.
Failed to win your partners affection as he has a lover of the opposite sex.
Dreamt your partner is bisexual or homosexual.
Found yourself suddenly single because of an affair.
That your partner has run off with a close relative or friend and left you.
Fallen out of love with your partner because of an affair with adultery.
Dreamt that your husband or wife is leaving you and does not want to be with you any more.
Experienced an argument or fight over an affair.
You were not happily married in your dream
Your partner had an affair
No matter where you are in your dream you cannot seem to escape the feeling of sadness due to the affair or behavior of your partner or yourself.
Your dream features the feeling of complete guilt.
You are feeling happy that you have had an affair and it's time to move on in the relationship.
Being involved in some type of sexual encounter and you are having an affair.
If you dream of having sex with someone that is not your partner then this can mean that you need to put sufficient effort into the relationship as your partner is not feeling loved at the moment. The
meaning of the dream is that the person who you are having relations will conduct a favor for you. If you are a male and you dream of having gay relations with another man and this leads to cheating on your partner means that you are going to do a favor for another male.
If your partner encountered an illness and you had an affair then this dream generally means that you may want to reconsider travel. If you are having an affair or your partner is having an affair with somebody you know then generally this is a good omen. The degree of your relationship with the acquaintance and the manner in which you conduct yourself once you learn that an affair has taken place is a message in relation to how your business affairs will run in the future.
If you find yourself in a conflict or heated discussion with either your partner or the person for whom you have the affair with then this dream signifies that you can expect a series of humiliating events which will surround you shortly. If you meet somebody new in your dream then this indicates that changes in your life are likely to occur. If you dream of Adam and Eve or any biblical people then this is a positive omen. The creation story may be encouraging you to achieve more in your life.
Dreaming about Adultery: Meaning of Adultery Dreams (Islam)
Meaning of cheating dream from different traditions
Sexual Dream Interpretation in Islam..
Adultery & Cheating Dream symbolizes betrayal and theft.
• An adulteress flirting with the dreamer: Will obtain dirty money.
• A concupiscent person having sex with an adulteress: Will make sinful gains or will be involved in evil and intrigue.
• A virtuous and righteous person making love to an adulteress: Will add to his knowledge and blessings or will perform the pilgrimage to Mecca (Makkah). The contradiction between the above two cases lies in that sex, in general, symbolizes the fulfillment of wishes, be they religious or worldly, because sex is nothing else but pleasure, satisfaction, delight, or ecstasy. And the woman, in dreams, symbolizes the world or the dreamer’s life and livelihood. Therefore, the meaning of having intercourse with a woman is contingent upon the tendencies of the dreamer, whether religious or earthly.
• Having sex with an adulteress: Will make illegal or sinful gains or will really commit adultery. (According to a verse in the Holy Quran, only an adulterer would have sex with an adulteress (“Suratul Nur” [Light], verse 03.) If ejaculation has followed, the person should wash thoroughly.
• Seeing people going out of their way to an adulteress: Those people will concur with or benefit from the views of a learned or wise man.
• Committing adultery with a beautiful young woman: The dreamer is putting his money in a safe place.
• Being stoned to death after committing adultery: (1) Will become notorious. (2) For a religious-minded person, will acquire good learning.
• Committing adultery with the wife of a person known to the dreamer: The dreamer wants to take a bite at his fortune.
• Sleeping with somebody else’s wife while the husband is present and raises no objection: That man will entrust the dreamer with the responsibility of looking after his household.
• Dreaming of reading the Quranic verse: “The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment” (“Al-Nur” [Light], verse 02): The dreamer is an adulterer or an adulteress.
• Seeing a man flirting with a married woman: That man is coveting her husband.
• Entering a place where adultery occurs or is in vogue and being unable to get out of it