Chicken and dumplings – the ultimate comfort food. This recipe is incredibly easy, and it delivers a hearty meal perfect for a Sunday afternoon.
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 (10.75 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1 diced onion
* 1 or 2 potatoes, cubed
* 2 or 3 carrots, cut up
* 1 (16 oz.) package refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, onion, potatoes, and carrots in a slow cooker and fill with enough water to cover. (I have also started to use chicken broth instead of water here.)
2. Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.
3. About 45 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.